Join the Quality of Life Program at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Allegany County!
Implement public education to improve healthy food and lifestyle choices among limited resource families and individuals encompassing all age groups throughout the County. This includes presenting a series of 6 to 8 lessons that focus on general nutrition, food preparation, food safety and food budgeting. Nutrition education may take place at County agencies or in participant homes. Recruitment of participants is also included as part of the workday. Collect and manage participant data ensuring confidentiality at all times.
This is a grant-funded position. Funding for the program is through the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) as part of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), an agency within the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
• Associate or Equivalent Education (GED/High School Diploma plus one year of transferrable program/functional experience)
• Ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
• Ability to meet acceptable background check standards.
• Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
• Ability to transport/move supplies and equipment, climb stairs with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to clearly communicate (speak, read and write proficiently) in English.
• Proficiency with windows-based software including use of the internet and Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel.
• Ability to present effective and relevant educational lessons to target audiences (one-on-one and group) and work with diverse audiences of all ages.
• Ability and willingness to work with diverse audiences and maintain cultural sensitivity.
• Ability and willingness to work with a high degree of integrity, accuracy, organization, sound professional judgment, and the ability to handle confidential, sensitive information.
You must apply through the Cornell University HR department to be considered for this position. Click below for application.
Last updated November 20, 2018